Tuesday, July 28, 2015

From The Heart

Phone rings
It's her
The one I haven't heard from in weeks
Hey she said
Shocked
Wondering what this is about
Hey, what's up
Wait I need to get something from the heart
Wondering what this was about 
OK, she said
Spoken with a confident but hurt voice
He started pouring out his emotions calmly
While your crushing with someone else
I'm growing as a person 
Due to how far we came
I didn't think something so "fixable"
Could make us end the way we did
After all this time
Destroyed something so memorable 

You really made me feel like I cheated on you
Never did and never would have
She spoke
But, he stopped her
Continuing expressing his true feelings 
After sometime I thought about it
You probably gave me an excuse 
To I guess make up missed time
Free from someone loving you with everything they had
Could that be a true statement?
Or could I be thinking about the old us
Truth be told I had a feeling
Doubting my negative thoughts
That this day came
They say if you love something 
You let it go
If that something loves you back
Then it will come back to you
So I did
No phone calls, text, anything
Space was needed

After seeing the same actions from you
It became very clear to me
I know I played a part in it
But it was more to it than I thought
Learning there was more to your agenda
At first I was bothered and miserable 
But after a few weeks
I sat down and started thinking about everything
Maybe it was time that of every relationship
That "break" season
Or was this really over
True test lies here where we are
At first it was kind of hard not think about you
But time just showed me more to life then just "wondering"
I'm growing and evolving 
Truth is
I do not regret a thing 
All those years we been close did mean something
We created our own history together
But it seems like deja vu again

She stopped him
Why are you telling me this
Speaking in a peaceful, calm tone
It's something you needed to hear
Last thing I want to tell you
I hope your happy
Hearing her about to start crying
Phone went silenced 
He knew right then he had to go
Having that same unforgettable feeling as before
Not happy about making her cry
Just content about expressing his heart
She knew she made a mistake
But he stayed on the phone
Is it too late?
I don't know
Will that real love come back
I don't know
Was it ever real?
I don't know
But if it was it wouldn't have ended so easily
But again
I don't know
He calls her back not knowing she was waiting
I'm sorry
I want to give this another try
Time to take a leap of faith
Love is hard
But we will get through this together
There is still a lot of you in my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment