Friday, March 23, 2012

Last Words

Riding on this long highway alone
Made me realize how I feel about you
Trying to drive the speed limit to your love
Has my heart wanting to break the rules
Someone in the other lane on the same path as I am
This isn't a race nor is this a battle
Just a two way lane to your love
Mile after mile I wait patiently
While the love patrol wanting me incarcerated for loving wrong
But I can't slow down now
I've been on this road for awhile
Why stop now
Gas near empty but I don't care
Your love is the only thing I need
Traffic builds, rainy weather I can barely see
Night time falls
I'm trying to hold on strong until I reach you
But something happen that night
Swerving off the road
Hitting a tree knocked me unconscious
Paramedics came and took me away
When I came too I didn't know anything
My name, why I was there nothing
Hurt badly and alone
All I could do was pray
Until you walked in
Memories started to arrive
I started remembering everything
You smiled and said I love you
I smiled back
I was on my way to bring you back
She said I never left
My heart set ablaze
Now I knew nothing could break us apart
The light started to fade and the warmth turned cold
Eyes closed
I love you too
Those were my last words

No comments:

Post a Comment