Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Coldest Winter

As the blue skies turn cloudy
There's a cold front blowing my way
That turns everything cold
Even a person's heart

Fire burns brightly in the fire place
The flames warms the house
But one room
Remains colder then the winter snow

The bedroom
Hasn't been used in weeks
An empty room full of memories
Memories that are hard to forget

Bundled up in a winter coat and a blanket
Sleeping near the fire place every night
Looking outside the window
There are snow flakes falling none stop

Just reminds me of the tears flowing from your face
The wind blowing harder and harder each day
I hear your voice saying "I love you"
Am I losing my mind or are you really there

Confusion sitting in the middle of my head
Alone I stay
Managing my time praying
Praying to wake up from this bad dream

Waiting to feel the warmth from the bedroom again
Maybe sooner then later
I hope so
This has been the coldest winter

No comments:

Post a Comment