Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Mountain Climb

Here we are
Another mountain in between us
I cannot feel your love anymore
Did it float down the river of lost love
or did it get stuck in the cave of no return
Being me
I will try to overcome this mountain
to reach the top for you
My feelings will make its way around the rocks
All I feel is what we use to have
The air thickens as I start climbing
anxious to see you at the top
to regain our love back
I hope your closer then me
Knowing I was on my way up too
I slip a couple of times
But I get back up for you
I can't let the mountain beat me or us
I'm halfway there
The clouds start to form around me
I can barely see
I hope your okay on your side
We have fought through harder times then this
So should I stop
As I start getting closer to the top
A sharp pain hits my chest
What is this pain I'm feeling
Fighting for you
I keep moving
Pain and all nothing can stop me
The love over powers the pain
I paid it no mind
A couple more feet
I hear the wind blowing towards me
Trying not to fall
I grab the ledge
Grip so tight I couldn't fall
Still blowing forceful winds
I still managed to hold
Wondering how you doing on your side
I push forward
I grab the top of the mountain
pulled myself up and smiled for you
but you wasn't there
I looked around but your still not here
Maybe you fell behind a little bit
So I waited
Then I looked over the ledge
there you were
Still at the bottom
Lost for words
I couldn't speak
You looked up and waved goodbye
turned around and walked away
Disappearing into the fog
What happened
I'm so confused right now
This whole time I was alone
Fighting through all these problems alone
I figured out what the pain was in my chest
It was the feeling of loneliness
Being tired from the climb and the pain
I was too tired to climb down
I walked to the ledge
opened my arms
and jumped into the wind
Letting the wind take me
Far, far away I go
That was the last mountain
I will ever climb alone again

No comments:

Post a Comment